Vital Elements of Site Design and Design Industry Stats [infographic]

When it comes to creating a successful blog, most people are focused on the content creation part. While this is clearly one of the most important components of any website, the actual design can be just as important. With WordPress now powering millions of sites on the internet today, it’s easy than ever to create a website and go live with custom or premium themes of your own — even if you don’t touch a single line of code. But what if you want to further customize the design of your site while also bringing some original elements of design into the mix? The best way to approach this is to try and find a premium theme that matches what you are looking for in a site design, then hiring an independent designer or coder to make the necessary changes to your site.

With all of this in mind, let’s take a look at the some of the most important elements of design, and the actual design industry today. All of this and more will be uncovered in the infographic below, provided by Designhill.

Analyzing the Most Important Elements of a Site Design

The first thing we need to look at is the actual design elements of a site.

  • COLOR SCHEME: Your color scheme should be applicable to your target audience. Less color can work in your favor in many cases. Most sites have only two colors within their design palette.
  • SOLID LAYOUT: When designing your site, be sure to mock up a wireframe of your site to see how it may look before seeing the completed design. Also make sure to have the right amount of white space on your site to create balance between content, information, navigation and site design.
  • DESIGN ELEMENTS: Make sure to attribute the design to the overall mood of your site. Keep site elements consistent throughout the design and pages of your site, and also pay attention to detail to make a better first impression.

Once you have a design in place, it’s then important to keep attracting and maintaining an audience at your site. This is especially important because 70% of the people that are going to visit your site for the first, likely won’t come back again. To improve the chances of getting an audience to return back to your site, be sure to implement the design tips below, while also implementing a newsletter popup strategy as well.

Follow these important steps when first working on the overall site design and content creation for your site launch.

  1. Test Before Launch, Then Test Again
  2. Answer the Audience’s Question and Needs
  3. Use Conventional Layouts and Design
  4. Create Interest and Flow for Your Site Visitors
  5. Eliminate Friction Between Users and Your Design

Just as important as the overall site design process, it’s also important to understand how the design industry looks today. This is something the infographic also goes into great details about. We’ve broken down some of these best tidbits and takeaways for you below.

  • Design Industry Stats Web Development = $60k+
  • Marketing, Advertising & Media Management = $50k+
  • 60% of the designers in the industry are male, while the other 40% are women
  • The average salary for a male designer is between $33-$50k, while the average earnings for a female designer is in the $32-$49k range.
  • Most designers have 1-4 years experience (55%), while only 1% have more than 20 years of experience.
  • Web Designers and Developers average earnings are between $27,682-$75,422
  • Senior Web Designers earn between $40,266-$94,325
  • Graphic and Web Designers earn on average in the $25,795-$63,084

If you enjoyed this infographic, be sure to check out this one on email stats in the industry today, or this one on the top earning blogs in the industry.

  •  
  • 16
  •  
  •  
  •  

Disclosure: In full disclosure, it is safe to assume that the site owner is benefiting financially or otherwise from everything you click on, read, or look at while on my website. This is not to say that is the case with all content, as all publications on the site are original and written to provide value and references to our audience.

One Response

  1. Anil Agarwal December 26, 2016