So you tried building a content upgrade.
After you spend some time and it’s time to start the technology part to track and deliver the upgrade, you miss up.
Unless you’re a geek, of course. But I’m sure that you don’t want to waste a lot of time, even if you’re a geek.
In the previous post, I showed you how to do the tracking part in mailchimp. It’s nearly the same in aweber.
But many people are confused about the last step; adding the code into your blog. I found a better solution, that’s what I’ll share with you today in this post.
It involves using the great tool; leadpages. I’ll show you how in a moment, but if you didn’t check previous posts in this series, make sure to go and check them now.
- Why Email is Important to Build Sustainable Lucrative Business
- How to Get More Email Subscribers Overnight? Tip #1
- How to Boost Your Email Subscribers? Tip #2
- How to Boost Your Email Subscribers? Tip #3
- The most important tip to make your incentive drive more subscribers
- How to Use the Power of Scarcity to Increase Your Email Subscribers
- How to Use Pre-selling to Get More Subscribers? The Technique that is Rarely Used
- How to Hyper your Blog Growth by Saying Thank You
- The Simple Technique to Get More Subscribers from Your Guest Post
- Why Should You Create Content Upgrades? Part 1
- How to Setup Content Upgrades?
How to Shortcut your way using Leadpages?
For people who don’t know leadpages, leadpages is a tool that is used to build landing pages. They’ve other additional features like the leadboxes and leadlinks. And they’re continuing to develop a lot of great things.
After you do the tracking part and create additional fields, it seems overwhelming to play with the code.
Leadpages could save you this step and help you to have high converting optin forms.
In this post, we’ll use leadboxes because it’s proven to convert better than a 1-step optin. So people will click on a link and then they’re asked to optin.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Login to your leadpages account.
2. Click on leadboxes on the upper corner and then click on create new leadbox button.
3. Integrate your email service provider by choosing mailchimp from the dropdown menu on the left.
4. Choose your list and click on Okay.
5. Click the advanced settings link and then click the checkbox for the field you created in previous post.
6. Make the default value yes and you’re done.
Don’t forget to customize it, but don’t waste a lot of time in this step.
But how to deliver the bonus?
You’ve 2 ways.
1. Send them to the page directly after they optin. So you’ll need to change the thank you page whether in mailchimp or in leadpages to get this done.
2. Send them using the leadmagnet system. I didn’t try this one, but I quote Bryan from videofruit who did it.
- Toggle the “Send an email after someone…” option ON
- Click either radio button below
- Write the email that they will receive and:
- IF you chose LeadMagnet – Chose the file you want to send them
- IF you chose Customized Email – Write the email and include a link to the file they will receive
And you’re done
You’re done with the technical part.
In the next series of posts, we’ll talk about different types of content upgrades you could use and how you could create them in less time, so wait for the next posts. I’m sure you’re going to love it.