So you’re convinced that content upgrades is a great strategy for building your list?
If you are still new to this concept, content upgrade is a post specific bonus that people needs to share and/or optin to get the post.
This technique has proven to work and get you more subscribers with spending 30 minutes or less. It’ll bring you more subscribers forever.
It’s really awesome technique when done right.
The problem is in the technology part.
If you’re a geek, then this won’t be a problem for you.
If you’re like me, then technology is a headache for you and you may ignore this strategy because of how complicated it seems to set it up.
That’s why I wrote this post.
In this post, I’ll go into how you could track and deliver content upgrades in mailchimp. Aweber is nearly the same thing, so it’ll be easy to configure it there. If you had a problem, tell me, and I’d be happy to help.
Before we dive deep, make sure to check previous posts in this series.
- Why Email is Important to Build Sustainable Lucrative Business
- How to Get More Email Subscribers Overnight? Tip #1
- How to Boost Your Email Subscribers? Tip #2
- How to Boost Your Email Subscribers? Tip #3
- The most important tip to make your incentive drive more subscribers
- How to Use the Power of Scarcity to Increase Your Email Subscribers
- How to Use Pre-selling to Get More Subscribers? The Technique that is Rarely Used
- How to Hyper your Blog Growth by Saying Thank You
- The Simple Technique to Get More Subscribers from Your Guest Post
- Why Should You Create Content Upgrades? Part 1
How to Setup Content Upgrades in Mailchimp?
Let’s dive into the technology stuff.
I know it’s boring, so I’ll try hard to make it simple and entertaining.
1. Login to your account and go to lists.
2. Choose the list you want to send your subscribers to. “You’ll send them all to this field.
3. Click on settings in upper left corner, and then click on list fields and merge tags.
4. Click on add field and then choose text.
5. Name it and make sure the visible field is unchecked.
6. Click save.
—> The above steps are optional for tracking, but they’re really essential to know what people wanted to download and who did it, so you can segment them later.
Now, you can build an optin form and use it.
If you did the above steps more than a time, make sure to remove hidden fields you don’t want. It’ll be a line in the code. This is the hardest part, but you could search for the name of the field and then delete that code.
After that post it on your blog and you’re done.
If you’re using Leadpages, The last 2 steps could be done there, and you’ll have better forms, better tracking, and less use of code.
It’d be better to post it in a seperate post, so I’ll do it in the next post.
In the meantime, try the above steps and tell me the problem you faced, if you faced any.