How To Increase Twitter Followers

Posted by on 21st Dec 2013 | 20 comments

Unless you’re a celebrity that receives up to a million new followers a day, there’s a good chance that you’re wondering how you can increase your followers on twitter.

The best way to get more followers on twitter is to tweet! As simple as this may seem, a variety of studies have shown the more you tweet the more followers you will gain. By tweeting, you should post every single day, whether it’s a picture, a quote, a retweet, or the status you put on your Facebook or other social media site. The more you tweet, the more visible you are, and in turn, you will increase your twitter followers. How To Increase Twitter Followers

When you sign up for twitter you will be able to link your email and other social media sites as well. Use this to your advantage and start following people you know through these links. It is much easier to be followed by people you know initially, until you have developed a strong twitter presence. To maximize your twitter followers, go see who your friends and followers are following.

Use your interests to search and follow others with similar interests. For instance, if you enjoy photography, search for this topic and follow as many as you can. You will increase your twitter followers instantly by following users with the same interest as you.

Increase Twitter Followers

One way to increase your followers on twitter should be a simple one but it is often overlooked. Twitter is a social media site that survives off interactions. Therefore, don’t stop at just following others. Interact with them on a regular basis. Of course you’re wondering what you say to them. Look at what they have commented on and status’ and pictures they have posted and start a conversation. Their followers will see this interaction and you will receive even more followers. Also, another way to maximize your twitter followers is by participating in Follow Friday or more commonly known as #FF. This is a time when you help promote the profiles of your followers. Start with the most recent ones that have followed you and mention as many as possible on those Friday’s. In turn, the one’s you mention will also participate and mention you, resulting in more people following you.

Twitter is a very fun and engaging social media site and there is no reason if you follow the steps above that you can’t be raking in the followers every day.

Nancy has a vast background in PPC and SEO. Feel free to visit her site NancyBadillo.com Be sure to stay updated with her most recent posts on PPC.org about the latest changes and trends in online search marketing.

• Posted by huypham on 22nd Dec 2013

Hi Nancy Badillo, I really love this post. Love the way you write your posts. The information in this article is really unique and useful for me. After reading this article, I think I have some ideas for myself. I do follow your articles recently. Thanks for sharing this post. Hope to read more interesting information from you. Have a nice day.

• Posted by Tharun on 22nd Dec 2013

Hello Nancy,
    Thanks for bringing us the best way to increase twitter followers. You have really helped me like pointing out the participating in Follow Friday . Hope we look more greater ways soon. Thanks.
    Tharun recently posted..List of CommentLuv Enabled High PageRank Dofollow BlogsMy Profile

• Posted by Nancy Badillo on 23rd Dec 2013

Hi Tharun,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message. Increasing your twitter followers will drive tons of free traffic to your site. Creating a follow friday will help increase your engagement and followers.
      Nancy Badillo recently posted..Content Submission Tool OnlyWireMy Profile

• Posted by Hang Pham on 22nd Dec 2013

Hi,
    I really love this post. The information in this article is really unique and useful for me. I also agree with you that the best way to get more followers on twitter is to tweet. After reading this article, I think I have some ideas for myself. I do follow your articles recently. Thanks for sharing this post. Hope to read more interesting information from you. Great job!
    Hang Pham recently posted..Top 14 fruits for diabetics – why don’t you spend a couple of minutes to discover those fruits?My Profile

• Posted by Souvik mallick on 22nd Dec 2013

Very nice article Nancy. Simple yet effective method.
    Souvik mallick recently posted..2014 SEO Trends – Roadmap To Adapt The ChangesMy Profile

• Posted by Adesanmi Adedotun on 22nd Dec 2013

Bloggers are like-minded people who interact online, I read through the post and I was convinced about what I said. I have an article schedule for Tuesday 24th on how to improve Twitter followers as well. Nice and a complete article Johnson
    Adesanmi Adedotun recently posted..Faceoff : iPhone 5S vs iPhone 6 (Rumour)My Profile

• Posted by Fauzul on 22nd Dec 2013

Good tips, I agree with what you posted that you’ve to be more engaging with others and in return gather more followers. I’ve started doing that and the outlook is starting to be more positive.
    Fauzul recently posted..11 Eduonix Technologies Online IT Video Courses Extreme Discounts Only At UdemyMy Profile

• Posted by MK Sam on 23rd Dec 2013

Hello Nancy,
    Thanks for the Tips. Many of us don’t interact with our followers, which might cause in losing our followers. but Please would you like to tell how would I increase the social interactivity on my blog. Because google humming bird needs it. Lookin forward to your reply.

Thanks
    MK Sam recently posted..How To Use Google Page Speed Service As CDNMy Profile

• Posted by Nancy Badillo on 23rd Dec 2013

Hello MK Sam,

Thank you for leaving a comment. A great way to increase your social interactivity on your blog is by making your content easy to share and by adding a call to action. You want to give your visitor a job to do before leaving your site.
      Nancy Badillo recently posted..Content Submission Tool OnlyWireMy Profile

• Posted by Suresh Khanal on 23rd Dec 2013

Hi Nancy,

There is no ground to disagree with you. Twitter is definitely a great communication tool and if you are always silent you can never expect any follower. More you tweet more you get followers!

At the same time, I wonder why you skipped to mention some tools that helps you to get more twitter followers. I’m afraid if you intentionally left them or you think they are not valuable.

Like, you can use #hashTag in your tweets to attract more targeted followers. Tweeting with hash tags invites more followers than tweeting barely.

Similarly, there are tools like Twiends that can offer you some quick followers. Though there is a huge risk to fall in pray of completely targeted followers and to the extreme of fake followers, but if you know how to use the tool efficiently, I found it as a great place to increase your follower number quicker.

Thanks for the interesting discussion. We’ll keep in touch.
    Suresh Khanal recently posted..BlogEnage – Drive in The Traffic, Backlink and a Huge EngagementMy Profile

• Posted by Priyank Pandey on 23rd Dec 2013

There was a good technique that follow someone and that person will follow you back. But it is not working now. If we will try it for more followers, twitter will block that account from where we are trying.
    Priyank Pandey recently posted..New Year 2014 MessagesMy Profile

• Posted by Swapnil on 23rd Dec 2013

Hello Nancy
    Thanks for this informative article, yes it is true if you will follow back to your follower, new people will definitely follow you.
    Swapnil recently posted..How to download pdf from Scribd without payingMy Profile

• Posted by metz on 23rd Dec 2013

Don’t stop at just following others and interact with them on a regular basis. These are some practical ways to leverage the numbers of your followers on Twitter. Engagement really matters and it could give you a good outcome. It is also a means of branding and gaining their trust.

I found this post shared on Kingged.com, the Internet marketing social networking site, and I “kingged” it and left this comment.

• Posted by Himanshu on 24th Dec 2013

Hello Nancy,
    You are right, we usually follow our favorite persons on twitter but forget to do conversation with them. I will surely do it to increase my followership …. thanks for these tips…
    Himanshu recently posted..10+ Best Delicious Food & Recipe WordPress ThemeMy Profile

• Posted by Riya khurana on 25th Dec 2013

if we really active on twitter and interact with whom we are following then there is chances to get more followers.
    Happy Christmas
    Riya khurana recently posted..2013 Christmas Wishes for LoversMy Profile

• Posted by Ashley F on 5th Jan 2014

Hi Nancy
    Sounds like a plan. I have been getting loads of new followers in the last six months but I still think I can improve leaps and bounds by engaging more. After all, that is what social media is all about right?
    #FF is also something I could start doing, until now I haven’t
    Have a great 2014