There are currently over 550 million users on Twitter, and that number is growing by over 135,000 every day! To make these numbers even more mind blowing there are over 190 million unique site visitors to Twitter every month and an average of 58 million tweets are sent out every day.
So what makes Twitter so interesting and appealing to everyone in the world? It’s the ability to instantly connect with anyone, anywhere at any time. It’s also extremely cool to feel we are somewhat a little closer to our favorite celebrities and brands by following and interacting with them through Twitter.
Twitter isn’t just for social status updates and seeing how many followers you can get. No… Twitter is a legitimate business model and branding machine for some of the top companies in the world today.
Let’s take a look at some of the Top Brands you should be following on Twitter right now. (as of 9-7-13)
YouTube (@YouTube, 33,157,492 followers)
Instagram (@instagram, 26,086,913)
Twitter (@twitter, 23,362,385)
CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 13,072,345)
Facebook (@Facebook, 11,443,451)
UberSocial (@UberSoc, 10,801,866)
You can also refer to the full list below for the top 20 brands on Twitter.
The Top 20 Brands On Twitter
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 30,542,900 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 23,022,253)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 21,181,836)
4. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 12,608,227)
5. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 12,398,3804)
6. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 10,548,844)
7. Facebook (@Facebook, 9,905,829)
8. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 9,475,332)
9. CNN (@cnn, 9,368,645)
10. TwitPic (@twitpic, 9,010,205)
11. The New York Times (@nytimes, 8,797,650)
12. MTV (@MTV, 8,739,9562)
13. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 8,209,386)
14. NBA (@NBA, 7,691,887)
15. ESPN (@espn, 6,795,244)
16. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 6,461,8879)
17. A Googler (@google, 6,409,090)
18. Funny Or Die (@funnyordie, 6,357,556)
19. Breaking News (@BreakingNews, 5,911,482)
20. OMG Facts (@OMGFacts, 5,686,314)
Stats provided by Twitter and TwitterCounter.com.