Where would blogging be if WordPress had never been created? I would have to say that it would not be where it’s at today! WordPress has completely changed the way blogs are created and managed, and they software also makes it extremely easy for anyone to setup and learn how to use within just minutes. Throw in all of the WordPress plugins and themes and you also have a whole business market for designers and developers. Best of all… it’s not even just about blogging, WordPress is now one of the major content management systems for many of the largest sites in the world!
Yes, without WordPress things would be a lot different.
Lets take a look at some of the amazing numbers behind WordPress and how they are completely dominating the web space in 2013.
Who is Using WordPress
- Of all the web sites in the world, WordPress is the CMS of choice, leading the way with 19%. The only stat higher is 69%, which accounts for sites running without a CMS at all. Joomla and Drupal are way behind with just 2-3% of the market share.
- Sites that are running off a CMS overwhelming use WordPress as their preferred platform at 59%.
Key Numbers on WordPress
- 18th most popular web site
- 26,000 available plugins
- 72.4 million wordpress blogs 500,000 new posts published every day
- 22% of all new web sites run on wordpress
- WordPress plugins have been downloaded over 485 million times!
- 68 million wordpress web sites in the world 92& of all users utilize wordpress as a full cms
- WordPress 3.03 had over a million downloads 2 days after launch
- 663 million – how many visitors wordpress driven sites attract per month