If you are into email marketing, one of the challenges you have probably encountered is getting email addresses of your potential customers and making them respond to your emails. But once you have overcome this, you will realize its value in your online enterprise. One thing that you have to bear in mind is that a long list of email addresses is not a guarantee that you will have a set of customers who will patronize your products and services. That is why it is very important to convert your potential customers to responsive clients. In the end, you will see your profit augment. Here are 5 ways by which you can increase your profit from your email list.
- Improve the delivery rate. One problem with email marketing is spam filtering. This slows down the marketing process. As a result, it will take time before you can get your message across to your clients or worse, your customers will ignore your message if it is classified as spam. This means that gaining profit will also come late or will never happen at all. To avoid this, it will be a good idea for you to use different computers when sending emails to different clients. This is because each computer has a unique IP address. If you send 100 emails, for sure, not all of these will be considered spam which means that some of your emails can still reach your target clients.
- Catch the attention your clients with an engaging and interesting subject line. Even if your email lands in the inbox of your customers, if the subject line is not catchy, your customers will still ignore your email. For sure, they will immediately delete your message. Remember, your customers most likely receive tons of emails every single day. That is why the subject line of your email should “stand out” when the customers are browsing their inbox. They should feel that there is a need for them to open your email and read it from start to finish. Once you engage your customers to read your email, you can somehow persuade them to buy your products or services. This means profit for your business.
- Use the same email address every time you send your message. After having an idea of what the email could be about, the next thing the customers would want to know is who sent them the message. You have to be consistent with your email address. If you use different email addresses for the messages that you send, your customers will think that you are just joking or that you are not serious with your online business. Definitely, they will never trust you. As a result, they will never patronize your products and services. It will not be good for your business if you cannot establish rapport or connection with your clients. When this happens, you will never see your business gain profit.
- Consider the time of the day and the day of the week that you will send your email. A study was conducted as to when most email users open their mail. The results show that around 41.1% of the users open their mail during Sundays. Monday, on the other hand, is the day of the week that you should avoid sending emails because only 23.2% of the users browse through their emails. As for the time of the day, the best is at around 8 am (EST) and the worst is around 3 to 4 am. If you want to see good results for your business, better consider the results of this study.
- Send email messages that are in plain text format. More customers tend to open and read emails that in this format. Less clients mind emails that are in HTML format even if they look more appealing. Another thing, HTML formatted messages most of the time reach the customers as spam. This will result to low delivery rate which you would not like to happen. As mentioned, low delivery rate means less profit for your business.