The best strategy to build and to grow you blog is guest blogging. Guest blogging will secure a brighter future for your blog in the most effective and the quickest way. Just one guest article on a popular blog will give a tremendous boost to the brand and traffic of your own blog. It is not that you will get this advantage only on the day your post is published. The advantages will keep coming for months, and even years. Guest blogging enables you to expose your article to a wide audience. This is the reason why many bloggers adopt guest blogging as the only strategy for their marketing.
Defined in the simplest terms, guest blogging is nothing but writing content and publishing it on some other website to draw traffic to your blog and to boost your reputation. This is like giving out classy content absolutely for free. It does not pay you directly, but the traffic which can draw to your site actually pays for the effort. Your blog’s ranking also increases in the search engines because of the link dropped by you in the guest post. Try to post your writings on big and influential websites. The best way is to write for those blogs which have higher search engine rankings than that of yours.
Some things need to be considered before starting guest blogging. Do not guest blog for any site that is ready to accept your blogs.
- Always post on blogs that are of similar niche to yours. This can be done with the help of blog directories and search engines.
- When you are done with the list of blogs, start finding the sites that accept guest articles. Go to the site and browse its contents. If there are articles from other people apart from the owner, it simply means guest posts are accepted. Some sites also have a “contribute” kind of tab.
- After deciding the targeted blog, create the author bio for yourself and start guest posting. To get familiarized with the style of the blog, go through some of the posted blogs. If the blog you post is similar in style to the actual posts on the site, there are chances that the editor of the site will approve it without any hassle. Do not forget to mention your expertise and a short description of your own blog along with a link.
- Images add the required impact to your blog. Use images, charts, and graphs in your post, so convey your ideas in the best possible way.
- Follow all the above steps sincerely and wait to see results. There are high chances that your blog will be published.
Guest blogging portrays your image as thought leader, and in turn your blog gets exposure. Make it a habit to comment where bloggers related to your industry are there. Your intelligent feedback will definitely draw traffic to your site and will open other bright avenues for guest blogging.