How to write an eBook People Want to Read

Posted by on 26th May 2013 | 6 comments

The ability to write a compelling eBook is one of the most profitable skills any Internet marketer can have!

Just by selling a single eBook, many Internet marketers have made hundreds of thousands, or even millions of dollars. They’re easy to put together and easy to distribute. They don’t require any overhead, unless you use a company like E-Junkie (which is actually pretty cheap).

Apart from selling eBooks, many bloggers give them away in exchange for their readers’ information. These readers are delivered a How to Write an eBook People Want to Readcarefully thought-out message, and the end of the eBook invites further action. It’s one of the best ways to move a potential client along your marketing funnel.

However, many Internet marketers don’t ever write a single eBook.

People freak out when they realize that their eBook could be read by thousands of people. They freak out because they have to put together a large amount of useful content into a single document that flows and makes sense.

It’s daunting.

So what’s the best way to come up with enough useful content to create a compelling eBook?
When I brainstorm up a killer idea for an eBook, the next step is to break it up into manageable, chapter-sized pieces.

Let’s say my eBook topic is “How to Write Killer Content For Your Blog.”

I then write about 10-12 sub-headlines, and pretend that each sub-head is the title of a blog post. For example, a few sub-heads for the above idea could be:

• Generating content ideas
  • Writing so everyone can understand
  • How to use the “problem, agitate, solution” style of blog writing
  • How to properly format a post so it looks visually appealing

And so on! Once you’ve got those ideas down pat, it becomes SUPER simple to flesh out the content. Whatever your normal writing process is for writing a blog post can be used on each section.

I’ll work on one section per day, just like I would a blog post. I sketch a quick outline, write out some bullet points, write out a quick rough draft, and then edit ruthlessly.

Of course, having a collection of blog posts do not an eBook make! It’s easy enough to stick them all in the same Word Document, but you still just have a loose collection of ideas.

Next, work on writing an introduction to the entire thing, and then a conclusion. You then need to go through and add transition words and sentences in between your posts so it actually flows. Simply ending one idea and diving into the next can make your reader feel like they’re stopping and starting again every chapter.

Also, be sure to make sure your posts are ordered in such a way that your ideas properly build on each other. Having a logical order to your ideas will help frame the mindset of your prospects and convince them to take action at the end. You can either have them purchase a product, like your Facebook Page, or any number of other actions!

Have you created an eBook? What struggles did you have?

Hey everyone! My name is John Conor. I help online marketers and business owners to learn the insight tips and techniques of blogging. I'm the owner of Learn Blogging Tips.com and providing high quality guest posting service. with Pillai.G. Make sure to visit my wonderful blogs!

• Posted by Peter on 26th May 2013

Great suggestion on writing an eBook that attracts audience. However, I think there is something you have not explore and I cant figure it out – though selling an eBook is not a walk in the park
    Peter recently posted..Make Money Online with Facebook Groups 2013My Profile

• Posted by Richard Martin on 26th May 2013

There is no better way of making a consistent income on the internet than having your own product, eBook or even membership site.

Of course, the eBook must give the reader something of value, and must be presented professionally, but essentially, the content is what will make or break the ebook.

Probably worth pointing out in the article that a large part of an eBook becoming successful and making sales is a good marketing strategy. You could write the best eBook in the world, but if it wasn’t marketed correctly it would not sell.

Great article, thanks. Richard
    Richard Martin recently posted..STEP BY STEP: How My First eBook Netted Me Five Figures in Under 12 MonthsMy Profile

• Posted by Sunday on 27th May 2013

Hi John,
    You have made good points on how to write an ebook that people may want to read. The best point to be applied by marketers is planning.

An ebook needs planning and once this is established we can go ahead to write.

So, the bottom line is always good research and planning for the ideas, contents, chapters etc!

This comment was shared in kingged.com where this post was also “kingged”.

Sunday – contributor to kingged.com

• Posted by Elizabeth on 28th May 2013

Hey John,

I think if people could just find a way to get their thoughts on paper they’d get started, and you’ve got some great ideas here. Probably the best tip is to make sure writers order their ideas logically and that their ideas flow. I don’t worry so much about that as I’m writing, in the beginning I just like to get my ideas down on paper, but a big part of my editing process, which probably takes me the most time, is to make sure my content make sense and is easy for readers to digest.

Elizabeth :-)
    Elizabeth recently posted..How We Use Keywords for Writing Copy Is Changing – What To DoMy Profile

• Posted by Sudip on 31st May 2013

Thanks for sharing this kind of info. I am going to write an eBook which will be read by my readers. Thanks again.
    Sudip recently posted..How to Delete Bookmarks after a Pre-Defined Time in Firefox [Firefox Add-on]My Profile

• Posted by sreekanth on 4th Jun 2013

Hi John,

We would like to thank you for mentioning E-junkie to sell digital as well as tangible goods. We were also wondering if you could do a small article where you could do a small review of the features offered by E-junkie. Though our standard free trial period is of 7 days, as a special gesture from our side we will offer your readers a free trial period of one month.
    Just sign-up for E-junkie and let me know your login id and I will create link such that you get the reseller commision as well as your readers get the free one month trial offer.
    There you could add a link to the reseller code offered by us that would enable you to earn a 20% referral fee for each paid client referred by you to us. Do let me know your thoughts on the above.
    Cheers