Blog commenting, as I have always maintained, is one of the best methods for getting some traffic to our blog, getting noticed by other bloggers in the community and also getting some link juice.
And while getting quality comments from intelligent people can be a matter of great pride for any blogger, some commenters go out of the way to annoy blog owners by leaving silly or irrelevant comments which never get approved.
I would like to share my post on my personal experience about how I got 500 pageviews everyday by blog commenting and its effect on my blog traffic.
Many people who bother to leave behind comments on my blog ask me why they were not approved.
And I make no bones about telling them that I do not want my blog to be flooded with spam comments. Not only will they hurt my blog SEO but also make it look like a low quality site- which is something I would never want!
If you are a blog owner who does not know how to deal with spam comments landing in your Comment box too often, let me tell you that there are two ways of dealing with them:
Many blog owners have a “Commenting Policy”.
For all those bloggers who wonder why their comments did not see the light of the day, first read the commenting policy of the blog and then check out if you have been doing any of the blunders listed below:
1. Irrelevant comments: There are spammers who leave behind irrelevant comments. Earlier during the day, I got a comment saying, “Looking sexy”!!! Imagine!
Do commenters like these actually hope to get approved? And what has my looking the way I do have anything to do with my blog or my post anyways?
2. One line comments: Do not expect one line comments like “gr8 work, Ma’am” and “Nice article” to get live on a quality blog. These are outrightly rejected. Take a minute to read the post and then write at least 2-3 lines about it. Even if you are in a hurry, read at least a part of the post than leaving behind a stock comment like that.
3. Comments with links: do not try being smart by adding links to your website or your posts in your comments. Even an intelligent, smart comment might get trashed if it contains links. Most bog owners make it clear that including any links in the comment or the name will lead to automatic deletion. Deservedly so, I’d say!
4. Comments without a gravatar: Many blog owners do not approve comments from those who do not have a gravatar. If you are a blogger and wish to make yourself known, make sure to get a gravatar. It takes just two minutes to do so and gives you the option to add a picture to your comments every time you do so, thereby assuring the blog owner that you are not a fake id.
5. Offensive comments: While it is always good to express candid opinion, do not cross the lines of decency. Avoid foul language, making racial comments, slangs, cussing words, provocative content or making personal attacks on the writer or blog owner. Being rude is no way to attract attention. Also keep the commenting policy in mind.
if you are not doing any of the commenting mistakes listed above yet wonder why your comments do not get approved, it would not be a bad idea to approach the admin or the editor of the blog directly and ask why you are being left out. He/ she would be the best person to help you out with that.
A young blogger once approached me to ask why he was being left out. When I checked out, I got to know that his address had landed into the spam folder. As soon as I rectified the error, I got another commenter I was glad to have around!
To make the best of your commenting efforts, try to comment on blogs which give you dofollow links for sharing your views. I have this painstakingly compiled list of 100 high Page Rank dofollow blogs for comment which might help you a lot.
Here is hoping that you leave behind valuable feedback and share YOUR reasons for rejecting comments!