1.) Please tell us about yourself and how you got into blogging?
2.) What is the focus of your blog and why did you choose that niche?
- blogging productivity (which I think every blogger should learn to succeed) and
- content marketing
I simply fed up of writing/reading “5 tips to get more blog traffic”, “How to get back your banned adsense account” etc. I’m now writing only after implementing by myself, now I can see more user engagement, social shares, links and comments on my blog posts. This is what I always wanted! When you write blog posts, create videos or do podcasts from the experience, you’ll get true response.
3.) How are you currently monetizing your blog traffic?
4.) What do you know now that you wish you knew when you first started blogging?
- Guest blogging (this is by far the proven method to build a better blog)
- Using social media sites to connect with the A-list and B-list bloggers
- Writing detailed posts (between 1000 to 2000+ words), short posts just don’t work in specific niches!
I didn’t know their importance when I first started blogging.
5.) What are three blogs that you visit almost daily?
6.) Can you give us three recommended tools/services that you use with your blogging?
- AWeber (consider this only if you’re serious about building a great email list)
- Thesis and
7.) What advice would you have for someone who is just starting with their first blog?
- Focus on single topic (it’s the only way to stand out from the crowd)
- Don’t write what others are writing, find a specific problem, solve it on your blog
- Invest money on blog design, use WordPress, and create a tagline for your blog
- Monetize your services from the beginning itself (always write for your customers!)
- Build reputation on one single traffic source at a time (don’t focus on SEO if you’re engaging with others on social media sites & vice versa)
8.) What’s the best advice or tip you’ve discovered about blogging since getting started?
Turn off your monitor while writing
9.) If you only had $100 to start a new blog, how would you use it?
If I personally have only $100 to start a new blog, I’d buy Market Samurai
10.) How can readers of the blog get in touch with you? (social/blog urls)
Thanks again Rahul for taking the time to share your advice and story with the Blogging Tips community. If you would like to learn about other bloggers and how they are finding success online, be sure to read through our blogger interview series.