Your YouTube rankings determine how many people find your videos, and provide steady page clicks. Learn 7 tricks that will improve your YouTube rankings, and step up your online presence.
Why You Need a Better Ranking
Image via Flickr by originalhamster
If you improve your YouTube ranking, your video will appear more often at the top of search results. This means you’ll be earning more ad revenue from page clicks, even while you’re asleep and away from the computer. This type of passive income will bring more and more visitors to your page and becomes a self-propelling machine.
Tricks to Improve Your Rankings
Image via Flickr by Dave Dugdale
YouTube looks at several different factors when sorting out its lists of search results. The name of your video, the words used in the description and the tags you choose to associate with your video all play a part. YouTube cannot see the contents of your video – it can only see the text that you’ve added on the site.
- Find your keywords: First, make a list of the keywords that are relevant to your video. Pick four to five keywords and keyword phrases that are most relevant to your video and most likely to be used to search for it.
- Pick a primary word: Which keyword phrase or word is most important and most relevant to your video? The one people would be most likely to use to find your content? Pick this primary keyword, and focus on it.
- Title your video: Choose a title for your video. You want something that’s easy to remember but also unique. Be sure to include the primary keyword you identified. Don’t forget to include the word “video” in the title. This will allow your video to be located among Google Video search results.
- Write the description: Write a simple description of your video that describes the content and uses your keywords. Do not merely stuff keywords into the description; use the words naturally within it. Encourage viewers to comment, or ask them a direct question, at the end of the description. Comments will help push your ranking higher.
- Add keyword tags: Use the tag function on the video’s page to add tags to your video. Simply type in the keywords you identified earlier, separating each with a comma.
- Finishing touches: Look at the advanced settings for your video to choose a thumbnail and turn on all sharing options. Pick a thumbnail that’s relevant to the video, and attractive. A bad-looking thumbnail will turn viewers away. Check to make sure your video is sharable across all normal platforms. The easier your video is to share, the more likely it is that people will see it.
- Add more videos: One of the best ways to increase your YouTube rankings is to add content consistently. This will encourage people to subscribe to your channel, and that will improve your placement in search engine results. New, fresh content keeps your channel and your videos appearing in search results frequently and draws in more traffic.
Starring on YouTube
YouTube is a free marketing tool, and it can be very effective. Get your YouTube videos to rank better, get more traffic, and you’ll get more money as a result.