We all know about the importance of blog ‘posts’, let’s concentrate on some blog ‘pages’ which, I think, is necessary for the overall development of a blog.
(1) Contact Page – I have seen few high authority business websites and blogs without any contact page. I don’t understand the reason for this but I think that a contact page is necessary for people to contact the blogger.
You can either use the standard contact page with WordPress or use various plugins like Contact Form 7 for this purpose.
(2) About Page – This is the page I visit every time I land on a new blog. This page gives a snapshot of the person behind the blog. Read this detailed post on why you should have an about page.
(3) Advertisement Page – This is again a must have page if you intend to earn advertisement revenue from the blog. No one will know you are interested in advertisement if you don’t ‘advertise’ it! The advertisement page should have details of your blog like advertisement niche preferred, domain authority, domain age, Moz Rank, popularity level, geo-traffic, page rank and others.
Embed a separate contact form in the advertisement page and update this page regularly.
(4) FAQ Page – A typical ‘blog’ might not need this page but if you are selling products or services through the blog, this FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page proves to be useful. This page saves your time from communicating the same thing over and over again.
The disclaimer page will vary depending on the purpose of each blog.
(7) Guest Blogging Page – If you want guest contributions on your blog, prepare a guest blogging / contributor / write here page for guest bloggers.
Pre-sell pages, affiliate landing pages, squeeze page and subscriber pages are some other examples of blog pages.
Did I miss any page?