Site traffic is like the proverbial pot of gold promised at the end of the rainbow! The rainbow is there but no pot of gold. Sad, but true!
Bloggers and online business owners…everyone needs traffic. I am sure you have been applying techniques to gain site traffic, let’s do a recon of what you have been doing and what else can be done.
30 Ways to Increase Site Traffic
1) Publish videos and watermark them with the site URL.
2) Submit guest posts to other sites with a link back to your website.
3) Use services like FeedBurner or Mail Chimp to build email lists.
4) Set up auto-responder email series. Use Aweber.com.
5) Write an eBook and distribute it for free. Attach a sign up form. You get to increase email list as well.
6) Tweet new posts on your site or business services frequently. You can automate this process.
7) Start a Facebook page on your blog / business name. Update it daily.
8) Start monthly contests. Increase subscribers and site traffic.
9) Thrice a week, start a comment marathon. Comment on similar niche sites. Comments should link back to your website.
10) Blog on WordPress self hosted platform.
11) Use PPC advertisement model if you have the budget.
12) Start a journal and write about your business and yourself.
13) Start your own podcast channel.
14) Share website content on Digg.com and StumbleUpon.com.
15) Embed blog / business links in email signature.
16) The hosting service should have high uptime guarantee.
17) Use Featured slider to focus on popular content pages.
18) Publish articles on article directories to get back links and site traffic.
19) Personalize your approach to visitors. Network heavily. Leave a favorable impression.
20) Have a mobile version of website.
21) Create link wheels with Squidoo.com and HubPages.com.
22) Every month, write 5 press releases and distribute it. Repeat the process.
23) If you have budget, use Facebook Ads but research properly before spending there.
24) If it’s a business site, get bloggers to review the product and publish the reviews on their respective blogs. This is a paid initiative but well worth it.
25) Submit your site to business directories, enlist in Google Places and submit to search engines.
26) Do guerilla marketing.
27) Use Market Samurai to track your rank in search engine results.
28) Install Google Analytics and set up Goals.
29) Get site traffic by adding your blog to Technorati.
30) Learn to have opinion on things. It helps to ruffle few feathers and people take notice of you. And when people take notice of you, they want to know about you and where do they go? To your online site/s.
I know there are many other ways to get site traffic. What is your favorite way?