There are a lot of people, especially bloggers, making good money from affiliate marketing. If you don’t have time to create your own products or maybe you’re not sure what type of product you should create, you can supplement your income by promoting other people’s stuff.
Chances are you use a lot of products, take a lot of online courses, or even use plugins on your blog. Most of the things you use to build your own business can be offered under an affiliate program. It just makes good sense that you should earn a little bit of money from sharing these “must haves” with your readers.
One of the easiest ways to promote products is by writing reviews and posting them to your blog. At the end of the review, simply add your affiliate link so the reader can purchase the product.
Here are some benefits to using affiliate marketing.
* Little to No Risk. Since you’re not technically responsible for the products you promote, this is a very low risk business. Plus, you’re not losing time and money by creating your own products. However, it is good business sense to only promote products that you use personally and that you like. You do have that much responsibility to your followers.
* Small Start-Up Costs. You probably already have your website set up and paying for a hosting plan. Other than that, and the money you’ve already spent purchasing products, you really have no other cost involved. Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn back the money you’ve invested in quality products.
* No copywriting experience necessary. Writing sales copy can suck, especially if that isn’t your strong point. However, your job really isn’t to sale the product, per se, but to share it. Sharing honest information is a better way to make sales than using sales copy in a blog post. Your blog posts should never seem salesy or look like a product ad.
If you do need some copy material, many affiliate programs already have some sales aids in place. You can simply do a few tweaks and use it. Some even offer graphics you can place in your sidebar.
* Passive income. This may be one of the best benefits of all, passive income. Once you’ve written a review it will be online for a long time. It can continue to draw traffic when people search for specific product reviews. Plus, you can also keep linking to your reviews from other content on your website.
You may even want to set up static pages for your reviews. This makes them very search engine friendly and easier for people to find when they’re at your website. Which ever way you choose to do product reviews, it can keep adding to your income month after month.
* Flexibility. Affiliate marketing is extremely flexible. You decide how much time you want to work on affiliate promotions or how many days per week. It can be done in only a few minutes per day leaving the rest of your work time for your own product creation or for building up your own site.
Income from affiliate marketing is not limited. The more time you put in, the more money you can make. This is especially true if your readers have learned to trust you and your recommendations.
Affiliate marketing can be part time or you can even turn it into a full time job if you’d like. It’s not only flexible, but the possibilities are endless.
Another great benefit of affiliate marketing is that you can fit it into just about any niche or topic you’re interested in. There are affiliate programs in almost every niche out there. No matter what your topic of choice is, whether it’s health, fitness, blogging, marketing, SEO, social media—I’m sure you can find products to promote.
Not all topics are profitable, but if you only share products that you use yourself to grow your own business, this can still earn you some nice affiliate commissions.