When it comes to buying or selling a blog, you have to be ready. Not so much in the emotional sense, but more about the setup of your sale, and is your blog ready to be sold? I’ve been on both sides of web sites deals and the importance of making sure you have as much accurate and up to date information on your site sale is extremely important.
This week I launched my first book product called “Flip This Web Site”, which is a 140+ page guide that walks you through the process of buying and selling web sites through Flippa. Whether it’s a small or large web site, or your first or hundred sale of a web site… the factors of a winning site auction listing is always the same.
- Provide as much information as possible
- Include detailed stats and screenshots of Google Analytics and all revenue generated from the web site
- How much time, money and resources is need to run your web site.
- Contact other blogs, forums and web site owners who might be interested in purchase your site or blog.
- Improve your auction listings by upgrading with highlighted borders and bold text.
The difference between using all of these principles and many more that I cover in Flip This Web Site, is what makes some web sites sell for 10 times monthly earnings, while others can sell for 50 to 100 times earnings!
The BloggingTips Story
As some of you may already know, I purchased BloggingTips.com through Flippa over a year ago. It was quite an exciting time and the blog ended up selling for $60,000.
Since the purchase of BloggingTips.com I’ve put a lot of work into redesigning the site, keeping a full writing staff in place and making sure the site community continues to grow and provide value. This is the type of stuff you will want to think about before bidding or acquiring a web site; how will you make it better and get a solid return on your investment.
The purchase of BloggingTips.com was a driving force behind my decision to write “Flip This Web Site”. I have a whole chapter in the book dedicated to the before, during and after process of purchasing, then monetizing the site.
Flip This Web Site
Before releasing my book, I made sure no matter how much of a newbie or veteran you are to buying and selling web sites, there would still be something for you. You can see a chapter and content breakdown of Flip This Web Site below.
Flip This Web Site (140+ pages)
- Chapter 1: Immediate Warning Signs of a Bad Web Site Listing
- Chapter 2: What is Flippa and Why You Need to Use It Now!
- Chapter 3: Buying & Selling Sites: What Makes a Site Sell!
- Chapter 4: Create, Flip, Profit… then Repeat!
- Chapter 5: Promoting and Outsourcing Your Sites
- Chapter 6: 3 Action Plans for Continued Success
- Video Series: Six Videos Walking You Through the Process
- Mini Niche Web Site Guide: How to Create Killer Mini Sites
- BloggingTips Story: The Before, During & After Process of a Big Sale
- Extra Bonuses: Interviews, Case Studies, Resources & More!
The book is currently for sale at $67, but I am running a launch 50% off fire sale which brings the book to $33.49. This promotion will only last 48 hours, then the book is going back to full price.
– Get Instant Access to Flip This Web Site