Grow Your Mailing List with PopUp Domination

Posted by on 26th Jul 2010 | 12 comments

Ask just about any successful Internet marketer and he or she will tell you that it is of utmost importance to build up a strong mailing list. There is just so much you can do with all those email addresses, especially since everyone on the list has opted in and likely will not view your messages as spam. But how do you grow this list?

One of the most effective methods is a simple pop-up on your website and that functionality has been further simplified with the PopUp Domination plugin for WordPress. You can literally have it set up and running in a couple of minutes.

Pop-Ups Generated the Easy Way

That’s effectively the value of PopUp Domination. If you know anything about using WordPress and installing plug-ins, then you’ll have no trouble using this product.

It is likely that your chosen mailing list provider, like AWeber, already comes with some pre-built forms that you can use. However, PopUp Domination appears to offer more options, greater simplicity, and better overall looks. Little graphical differences can make a world of difference when it comes to your conversion rate.

According to its developer, this plugin allowed him to increase the number of daily opt-ins on his mailing list from 17 to over 100. That represents monumental growth and, consequently, the potential for monumental growth in income as well.

Installation and Customization

The installation process for PopUp Domination is the same as most other WordPress plugins. Upload the appropriate directory, activate the plugin, and head over to the “settings” page to customize.

The settings area, which is accessible from within the WordPress administration dashboard, is broken down into eight different sections: Look and feel, Mailing List HTML, Template Fields, List Points, Schedule, Preview, Promote PopUp Domination, and Advanced.

The first section allows you to choose between the four different templates and select the appropriate color scheme. With Template Field, you enter your custom text for the title and body, as well as the field values for name, email, and submit. This is also where you can upload a custom image up to 243 x 270 pixels.

The templates typically involve spaces for bullet points too and you define these from the List Points section. The Schedule section is quite handy, because it allows you to set the delay before the lightbox pop-up appears and the number of days until the popup reappears if the user clicks the close button (cookie-based, presumably).

So, How Does It Look?

Running quickly through the available options and features, I was able to generate this lightbox for Beyond the Rhetoric in a few short minutes. The interface was easy to understand and changes can be made on the fly.

Whether this “lightbox” popup results in much higher opt-in rates will depend on a number of different factors, but I can see how an attractive and professional-looking box like this probably doesn’t hurt. It’s slick, sleek, and easy on the eyes.

The ability to define the number of days until the box reappears for a visitor is good too, as it helps to ensure a better overall user experience.

How Much Does It Cost?

Does PopUp Domination offer incredibly innovative functionality? No, not really. However, it is a remarkably easy-to-use WordPress plugin with plenty of customization options.

The current list price is $37 and that comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.

Link: PopUp Domination

* This was a Paid Review. If you are interested in having your site reviewed on Blogging Tips, please check out our Advertising Information Page.

A professional freelance writer based out of Vancouver, Michael Kwan focuses mostly on the worlds of technology, gadgets, and the Internet. You can find him blogging at Beyond the Rhetoric, among several other websites around the web.

• Posted by Jasmine Henry on 26th Jul 2010

It sounds like a good investment but I'd be concerned that it would annoy my readers. Usually when I see annoying pop-ups like that, especially when I'm not a frequent visitor of a particular site, I just click off the site and never look back. Though having said that, Popup Domination does seem like a cheap, ingenious way to gain E-Mail subscribers.

• Posted by Zac Johnson on 27th Jul 2010

You can change the settings so the popup will only appear one time per visitor, then they won't see it on their future visits. Or you can change this so it is seen every "X" amount of days. From my testings, it's a lot more beneficial for adding new subscribers that keep coming back, and I haven't had any complaints.

• Posted by Tinh on 26th Jul 2010

I looks awesome. I wonder whether it is a plugin with theme or just theme and I have to register aweber after that.

Another concern come to my mind that popup seems not very welcoming by most of readers and i am afraid of loosing my loyal readers then. What is your advice?

• Posted by Zac Johnson on 27th Jul 2010

PopUp Domination is a plugin for wordpress. It will automatically work with any current wordpress blog.

• Posted by hkqida on 26th Jul 2010

Sounds great! I would like to know more!

QIDA CPA LIMITED provide Hong Kong company formation, Offshore company formation, Macao Company Formation Service and virtual office to business in Hong Kong and China.

If you are interesting, please clik here contact us or here Hong Kong Company Formation for more information or call us by telephone +86755-25532847 +86755-82311616.

• Posted by Gary David | Build Y on 26th Jul 2010

That was an awesome numbers. Adding 17 subscribers a day would definitely be fine with me, but by increasing that to 100+ subscribers on a daily basis, I guess I will go crazy about it.

• Posted by Dean Saliba on 27th Jul 2010

I don't know. One the one hand it obviously brings in good results,but on the other hand I absolutely hate it when I'm eading a blog post and that sign up box pops up out of nowhere.

• Posted by Marta Daniels on 27th Jul 2010

I recently purchased it. It wouldn't work with the theme I was using, and I am not a designer, nor can I afford one, so I was bummed about that. Its a great looking popup though, still waiting to see how well it works. To answer Tinh above, you do have to pay for your own email list builder software. I already have Aweber, which I highly recommend.

• Posted by Frank Adams on 30th Jul 2010

Pop Domination is kinda promising.I think $37 won't hurt if the results are rest assured positive and successful. Got to try this real soon so I could have the best results early. Perfect timing I have a wordpress blog on the making.

• Posted by Harsh Agrawal on 6th Aug 2010

I see this plugin being used everywhere and it seems impressive..but Im worried if everyone will use the same thing..people will develop blindness for this.. What do you think?

• Posted by Josh Grey on 20th Aug 2010

Will give this a try on my WordPress blog hope it will work perfectly. :grin:

• Posted by Ivy on 14th Nov 2010

I read a lot of positive reviews about PopUp Domination. I finally decide to get this software for my websites. A great tool for business. : )
    My recent post Earn 304 More Money – PROVEN