ProBlogger Community Launched

Posted by on 29th Sep 2009 | 9 comments

ProBlogger Discussion ForumsSince acquiring the ProBlogger.com domain in 2007, Darren Rowse has hinted at developing the .com area of his brand a few times. Recently he announced that the domain would be used as the home of a forthcoming ProBlogger community.

I am happy to announce that the new ProBlogger Discussion Forum is now live. The forum costs $1.95 a month (which is much less than I thought it would cost). Since I signed up to receive updates about the site, I was lucky enough to find out about the community earlier today. So I’ve been able to hang out in the forum and check it out for you guys.

ProBlogger Forum

Firstly, I need to point out that the site isn’t officially live per say. The website did launch today and Darren has twittered about it however he has not announced it on ProBlogger as yet so that any bugs can be ironed out over the next few days. So for all intents and purposes, this can be considered a beta launch.

As I write this, around 450 people have signed up to the forum today and nearly all of them have posted already, which gives the impression of an established forum rather than one which was only online a few hours.

Maybe it’s not possible to give a fair review of a forum after one day but my first impressions of this new community have been nothing but positive. Perhaps it’s because it’s a private forum but there is a real sense of community, a real sense that everyone wants to help their fellow members out.

ProBlogger Forum

The forum seems to have a good mix already of complete newbies and experienced bloggers and everyone seems to be getting on well. And since the forum requires a subscription, it doesn’t attract spammers who pointlessly reply to any thread just so that their website is linked in their signature.

There are 9 forum rooms in total including those you would find on other web development forums like blog design, promotion, writing etc. Without doubt my favourite room is the Collaboration room, a place where you can meet like minded bloggers for joint projects, networking and so on.

I know that there is always going to be a large percentage of people who are not keen on paying for any website on the internet. However, I have no doubt in my mind that this small cost will prove to be a bargain. For less than $25 a year you can get advice from hundreds of experienced bloggers and get the chance to develop good relationships with them too.

At the moment the forum is incredibly busy with around 450 members. It wouldn’t surprise me if the member base exceeded 5,000 after Darren announces it on ProBlogger, which would make it without doubt the number 1 forum for bloggers to hang out.

I recommend visiting ProBlogger.com and checking out Darrens welcome video. Also, if you are going to sign up, I encourage you to do so sooner rather than later; as the $1.95 monthly price seems to be a limited offer. As an added bonus, members can get the Pro Blogger WorkBook at half price too.

If you see me over there, remember to say hello :)

Link : ProBlogger Forum

Kevin Muldoon is a professional blogger with a love of travel. He writes regularly about topics such as WordPress, Blogging, Productivity and Social Media on his personal blog and provides support to bloggers at Rise Forums. He can also be found on Twitter @KevinMuldoon and .

• Posted by Darren Rowse on 29th Sep 2009

thanks Kevin – appreciate the first impression review – it's certainly a great little community already considering it's only 13 hours old – lots of room to grow though, appreciate the support and kind words.

• Posted by Bryan on 29th Sep 2009

Dang, you got this up quick Kevin! Thanks for the heads up though, I am heading over to check it out right now. I think it is crazy that Darren already has a few hundred without the site getting an official 'release'! Watch it grow….

• Posted by Kevin Muldoon on 29th Sep 2009

No problem Darren. It will be interesting to see how it develops once it goes 'officially live'. Think it will prove to be an excellent place to network with other bloggers.

• Posted by Michele | Writer&#03 on 29th Sep 2009

Wow, that's a lot of folks in just a few hours. Love this review–I'm so glad I noticed the link on Facebook!

• Posted by Daan_vdB on 29th Sep 2009

I'm considering to sign up too. I received the e-mail yesterday and went to check it out immediately. Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't expecting that the community would grow that fast, that's why I didn't sign up.

Daan

Whenigetrich.com.

• Posted by Liane YoungBlogger on 30th Sep 2009

By the time I got thew newsletter update, I was already clicking through so many links just to formally register and pay for the subscription. The first time I looked at the forum, there where only two threads. After 10-20 minutes or so, it rose to about 8 with new threads piling up so quickly. Really successful 'unofficial' launch ;)

• Posted by fashion on 30th Sep 2009

Wow, that is a great news for problogger fans. In fact, many of us were looking to something like that for a long time and finally Dan has done it. Way to go, Dan!

thanks for sharing this useful info.

• Posted by Melvin on 1st Oct 2009

$1 is heck cheap for everyone. So I expect a lot of people in the forums immediately..

• Posted by lukaro on 6th Oct 2009

Darren's forum will be great place only if you have money but at the same time I doubt whether probloggers will really come and give advice because everyone will be busy with their schedule. so really doubt about getting advice from probloggers. I guess http://probloggerforum.net will be good choice for the bloggers looking for free signup and coming together for same goal.