Last week I explained how you can create a fan page for your blog on Facebook. Today I am going to show you how I added a newsletter subscription page to the Blogging Tips Facebook page.
I’ve heard that there are a few ways to add HTML to pages on Facebook but the application I used is called Static FBML, which is a Facebook application which lets you use HTML or FBML (Facebook Markup Language).
Here is what you need to do add a newsletter to your blogs Facebook fan page:
- Login to Facebook
- Go to the Static FBML application page.
- Click on the ‘Add to my Page’ button.
- This will bring up a pop up where you can add the application to every fan page you own. Simply click the ‘Add to Page’ button to add the application to your fan page.
- Go back to your fan page and click on the ‘Edit Page’ link.
- You should now see a new box in your ‘Edit Page’ called Newsletter – FBML. Click on the pencil icon to make a drop down menu appear. Click on the edit link.
- You can now edit your newsletter page. Edit the name of your new page in the ‘Box Title’ field and you enter your newsletter details in the ‘FBML’ field (i.e. copy your newsletter HTML code to this area).
- Now go back to your blogs Facebook fan page. Click on the + symbol to add a new tab. You should now see your new newsletter page in the navigation menu. Simply select the tab to move it where you want (i.e. you can place it as the 2nd tab after the wall if you want).
- That’s it! Click on the newsletter tab to see your new page in action.
This technique can be used to add several new HTML pages to your blogs Facebook fan page. You could add a contact page, links page or even a sponsors page. All you need to do to add a new page is go back to the ‘Static FBML’ edit page and click on the ‘Add another FBML box’ link at the bottom of the page.
I hope you found this tutorial straight forward but if you are unsure about anything please let me know and I will clarify it