WordPress 2.7 looks gorgeous

Posted by on 19th Oct 2008 | 9 comments

Jane Wells posted some preview pics of the upcoming WordPress 2.7 a few days ago. The first screenshot shows you the new posting interface. As you can see, all the options which currently appear below your editor can now be found on the left hand side (except privacy options). A great improvement in my opinion.

Wordpress 2.7

The screenshot below shows the new dashboard. Some things have been removed whilst some new features have been added, including a handy quick post area.

Wordpress 2.7

I wasn’t really paying much attention to all the news about WP 2.7 but after seeing these shots I must admit I’m really looking forward to the release. :)

Link : The Visual Design of 2.7

Kevin Muldoon is a professional blogger with a love of travel. He writes regularly about topics such as WordPress, Blogging, Productivity and Social Media on his personal blog and provides support to bloggers at Rise Forums. He can also be found on Twitter @KevinMuldoon and Google+.

• Posted by The Net Fool on 19th Oct 2008

Dangggg!

That new dashboard looks sexy :cool:

• Posted by Sarit on 19th Oct 2008

Sexy? Try overbloated :sad:

• Posted by Blogywalkie.com on 19th Oct 2008

so sexy, this is what i must get when this is launch next time

what about my plugin compatibility???

blogywalkie.com

• Posted by Pavan Kumar on 20th Oct 2008

I remember the Ad – I'm a PC / I'm a MAC

• Posted by Kevin Muldoon on 20th Oct 2008

Sarit – The dashboard does have a lot of info on it but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's overbloated.

Blogwalkie – Usually it isn't clear what plugins will work and what won't until it has been released. Whilst WordPress does support the plugin community etc, they can't program the stable release so that all plugins work.

• Posted by Rajeev Edmonds on 20th Oct 2008

The new interface is stunning. I am more impressed by the new plugin management feature. No more downloading of plugins separately and uploading via ftp.

1) Plugin searching from WordPress repository

2) One click installation

Both from within the Dashboard. Cooooool :mrgreen:

Here is a good review of WP 2.7

• Posted by Clog Money on 20th Oct 2008

God I hope that stats thing isn't on by default. I don't want to see how many people have visited my blog. I might get depressed ;)

• Posted by interwebhunt on 20th Oct 2008

It definiately looks sexy – and its nice to have all the info, but sometimes I want a slimmed down quick view too. Would be nice if they had a bare bones button to push where you could strip away everything but the post writer.

• Posted by Ganesh on 20th Oct 2008

Looks sexy. But I'd say its looking the WordPress.com dashboard which I don't like much. I prefer the old WordPress look.