My Top Commentators WordPress Plugin

Posted by on 11th Jun 2008 | 5 comments

Daily Blog Tips released a new wordpress plugin today entitled ‘My Top Commentators‘. Unlike other top commentators plugins, this plugin does not add a top commentators list to your sidebar. Instead it generates statistics about your commenters in your WordPress dashboard.

I removed the top commentators list from BloggingTips last year because it was being spammed and the ones making the top ten list were mostly the ones who were leaving short pointless and irrelevant comments which contributed nothing to the thread. This is why I quite like this plugin. It allows you and only you to see who is making the most comments. You can then decide how the top commentators are rewarded. For example, a thank you post every month. If you thanked the top 10 commentators every month then you can removed spammers from the list. Bottom line, it gives you complete control over how you reward your top commentators.

You can see stats for today, yesterday, this month, this year and last year. You can also generate stats for any given period by entering the start and finish date.

My Top Commentators Plugin

If you want to reward your commenters but your top list is being spammed, this is definately worth checking out. Good work Daniel :)

Link : My Top Commentators WordPress Plugin

Kevin Muldoon is a professional blogger with a love of travel. He writes regularly about topics such as WordPress, Blogging, Productivity and Social Media on his personal blog and provides support to bloggers at Rise Forums. He can also be found on Twitter @KevinMuldoon and Google+.

• Posted by Assad on 11th Jun 2008

As much as I appreciate Daniel for posting useful information to readers, you have my credit as well, Kevin. I did remove the "Top Commentators" list as I found it not very helpful yet making the sidebar looks messy.

I wonder what is the reward though (if any). :grin:

• Posted by Daniel Scocco on 11th Jun 2008

I hope you like it :) . Thanks for the mention also.

The good plugins always come from our own needs after all. Same thing was with this one.

• Posted by Sumesh on 11th Jun 2008

Useful plugin. I’ll be using it for my blog (along with a post that says I will reward regular commentators with links, of course).
    And I see I’m leading the commentator list (blog owner obviously does not count :)

It is a good thing that you blurred out the emails (I saw that Daniel had not initially blurred it out).

• Posted by David Shaw on 11th Jun 2008

Nice plugin Kevin..

I currently have the one in my sidebar, but this looks like a much better option!

• Posted by Missy from Groovy Ve on 13th Jun 2008

I have yet to find a cool and useful method to reward my top commenters. This looks like a NEW! and improved option. Will look into it. Thanxs!