WordPress 2.5.1 was released yesterday. This is just a minor upgrade from the recently released 2.5 version however it does include one very important security fix so it’s probably worth installing (WordPress said that there are over 70 fixes but most are in just a few files).
Changes include :
- Performance improvements for the Dashboard, Write Post, and Edit Comments pages.
- Better performance for those who have many categories
- Media Uploader fixes
- An upgrade to TinyMCE 3.0.7
- Widget Administration fixes
- Various usability improvements
- Layout fixes for IE
Although security fixes are obviously very important, David Peralty mentioned that WordPress 2.5.2 may be released in a week so it might be worth holding off upgrading til then. Your call 🙂