I was a little reluctant to comment at first with my name attached to this website as i wanted to work on content before doing anything along the lines of promotion. With the site slowly approaching its 100th post i now feel more comfortable taking part in some discussions as i think that the site now has enough articles to encourage people to come back.
In the space of a week i have not only got addicted to commentating, i’ve also saw the benefit of taking part in discussions on other blogs. There are a number of reasons why i strongly recommend commentating on similar blogs to yours when you have time.
Reasons to Commentate
- Taking part in blog discussions on sites similar to yours will give you loads of posting ideas for your own blog.
- As i mentioned before, Blogs are a very personal thing. If people read your comments on other sites and like what you have to say then they are more likely to drop by your blog and commentate on your posts.
- Although most blogs include the ‘no follow’ tag in your link, you will still have a link to your website on a blog. This can send you some valuable traffic if your commentating on a popular blog.
- Blog owners appreciate comments and appreciate those who take the time to comment on their posts. Many blog owners try and help out those who frequent their blog a lot and might even show them some ‘link love’ 🙂
- Theres also a good chance that the owner of the blog you commentated on will drop by your blog and leave a comment themselves, which will help encourage more discussion on your blog.
- I mentioned the ‘no follow’ rule which most blog comments have and i mentioned ‘link love’. One of the best examples of this is the top commentators plugin/addon. The top commentators list does not have a ‘no follow’ tag attached to the link so the search engines will count the link as a vote towards your site. All you need to do is make sure your one of the top commentators
I’d like to hear if any bloggers have seen a traffic burst from making a good comment on a popular blog.
What are you waiting for? Start leaving some comments!! 😉